About Dr Saqib
- Medical Oncologist - MBBS, FRACP
- Dr Ayesha Saqib is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP). She completed her Medical Oncology training through the Victorian Medical Oncology Training Group in 2013. She gained additional experience in Respiratory medicine and Palliative care during her advance training. She is a senior Consultant Oncologist hold private and public hospital appointments. Dr Saqib has keen interest in management of Breast cancer, Hepatobiliary and GI cancer, Lung cancer and Neuro-oncology.
- She has keen interest in teaching and has completed a Graduate Certificate in Clinical Teaching from the University of Melbourne. She has an interest in both undergraduate and postgraduate medical teaching. She is involved in teaching Medical students and supervising Oncology advance trainees. Clinical research is her other interest. She has been involved in the development and conduct of local clinical research trials. She has published several research papers, book chapter and abstracts. She is a principal investigator (PI) of many ongoing oncology trials.
- Dr Saqib believes in holistic patient-centred approach. She has approachable personality, selfless attitude, and exceptional collaborative skills. She has high standards of care for all Oncology patients. She regularly consults and treat Metropolitan and Regional Victorian patients. Her private practice is located at Central Melbourne and Regional Victoria. She regularly attends MDT (Multidisciplinary Team) meetings local and regional to incorporate appropriate and latest Surgical, Radiation and Medical Oncological modality of treatments for the best possible outcome for her patients.
- She loves traveling and has interest in understanding culture diversities. She is involved in few community projects. Away from work she is busy keeping up with her treasured family.
Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
Clinical Oncological Society of Australia (COSA)
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Australian and New Zealand Breast Cancer Trials Group (ANZBCTG)
Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Cancer Trial Group (AGITG)
Cooperative Trials Group for Neuro-Oncology (COGNO)
Private Cancer Physicians of Australia (PCPA)
Australia Lung Cancer Trial Group (ALTG)
Australian Medical Association (AMA)